Stage 3 Performance Snowmobile Shock Absorbers
The Stage 3 is our most popular shock model, which is designed to unlock the true potential of your snowmobile’s performance
The Stage 3 model is derived directly from our top-end Stage 5 model, with which it shares most of the same components. It features a single external compression adjustment knob that controls the low-speed compression damping that is combined with an internal high-speed blow-off circuit which relieves peak pressure upon impacts to achieve race-level performance in a package that is more accessible and easier to adjust.
STAGE 3 // Benefits
- Designed for intensive applications and spirited riding
- Turns your sled into a more capable machine that can carry more speed over rough terrain and bumps
- Perfect choice for riders looking for a reservoir-type shock with simple but effective adjustability
- Provides increased stability and reduced ski lift for easier steering and cornering
STAGE 3 // Available configurations
- Front ski shocks, 36mm, coilover, sold as a pair
- Center track shock, 36mm, coilover or non-coilover, sold as a unit
- Rear track shock, 36mm, coilover or non-coilover, sold as a unit
- Configuration varies according to vehicle model and year
STAGE 3 // Adjustment Features
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed slowly. This adjustment controls weight transfers such as upon acceleration and braking, ski lift and front-end pushing when cornering, riding over whoops at moderate speed, undulations and elevation changes in the terrain.
To use, turn the red knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
THREADED SPRING PRELOAD
Available on all front ski shocks and coilover models at the center or rear position. Lets the rider fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear of the sled while setting up the ride height (sag) and to lower or raise the sled to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference.
To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
STAGE 3 // Technical Features
- Huge oil ports providing massive oil flow
- Equivalent flow capacity upon compression and rebound stroke (1:1 ratio)
- Low restriction of the oil flow = plush, predictable & consistent damping action
- Less stress on internal parts = more durability and longer intervals between servicing
- Components that are precision-machined from aeronautical grade billet aluminum
- Sleek, lightweight reservoir with recessed cap to better protect the nitrogen valve
- Ultra-light spring design with bigger outside diameter and less coil turns, providing important weight reduction while maintaing the reliability and intuitive ride-height adjustability of coil springs vs. air springs
- Reduced weight and friction = less stiction and lower operating temperature = more resistance to fading
- Crossover spacers design that reduces the accumulation of snow and ice, therefore reducing wear on the body
- Optional lightweight composite shock protectors to provide further protection against roost and other debris (for front ski shocks only)
- Neutral look and colors that blends well with any sled model and livery
- Hard-anodized aluminium internal floating piston for low operating temperature
- Aluminum body that dramatically reduces overal weight and better dissipates heat generated during operation
- Hard-anodized to very tight tolerances to improve durability and further reduce friction
- Special thread design on the aluminum body that provides more surface and less friction to making preload adjustments much easier
- Helps relieve peak pressure upon impacts
- Factory-set, no need to adjust
- Provides race-level performance without the added complexity of a separate high-speed adjustment
- Provides a smooth surface that helps reduce internal friction inside the body
- More durable finish than regular sulphuric anodization generally used on lower-end products
- Hard chrome-plated shafts
- Seal head design is composed of external ice-breaking seal, high-pressure step-seal and o-ring
- Low-friction o-ring material is certified resistant to greater temperature changes
- High material memory that helps maintain sealing properties in harsh conditions
- All sealing components are premium quality, carefully selected for their optimal balance of performance and durability
- Fully synthetic proprietary blend
- Ultra-low friction light viscosity grade that maintains its properties even in extremely cold temperatures
- Ultra-resistant to high temperature
- Extended usable life
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our regular production lead time is approximately 5 to 10 business days depending on the current volume of orders.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.