Stage 5 High-Performance Snowmobile Shock Absorbers
Improve your sled’s suspension with our model-specific Stage 5 shock absorber upgrades and master any terrain or snow conditions
The Stage 5 shocks are designed around 3 key performance factors: high hydraulic flow, lightweight components and low-friction internal and moving parts. The perfectly balanced combination of those three factors allow a more precise tuning and much smoother damping action than anything else currently available for snowmobiles. Extreme riders can get better absorption and greater comfort while racers will significantly increase their speed and feel less fatigue. Arguably, the Stage 5 shocks are the most comfortable and best performing racing shocks on the market today.
STAGE 5 // Benefits
- Helps increase and maintain speed over rough terrain and bumps
- Reduce ski lift and front-end pushing, making the sled easier to steer in corners
- Prevents bottoming-out upon harsh square-edged impacts and obstacles
- Provides increased hookup in all conditions for maximum maneuvrability
- Allows precise fine-tuning of all aspects of the suspension, without the need to compromise
STAGE 5 // Available configurations
- Front ski shocks, 36mm, coilover, sold as a pair
- Center track shock, 36mm, coilover or non-coilover, sold as a unit
- Rear track shock, 36mm or 46mm, coilover or non-coilover, sold as a unit
- Configuration varies according to vehicle model and year
STAGE 5 // Adjustment Features
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed quickly. This adjustment controls the resistance upon landing from jumps, harsh or sudden impacts, riding at high speed over moguls, unevenly iced surfaces or snow tracks.
To use, turn the black knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed slowly. This adjustment controls weight transfers such as upon acceleration and braking, ski lift and front-end pushing when cornering, riding over whoops at moderate speed, undulations and elevation changes in the terrain.
To use, turn the red knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
Controls the speed at which the shock absorber returns to its fully extended position after being compressed from an impact, keeping the skis or track on the snow for maximum traction and reducing the bucking effect caused by the spring pressure pushing back after an impact.
To use, turn the adjuster clockwise to slow down the rebound or turn counter-clockwise to speed up the rebound.
THREADED SPRING PRELOAD
Available on all front ski shocks and coilover models at the center or rear position. Lets the rider fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear of the sled while setting up the ride height (sag) and to lower or raise the sled to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference.
To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
STAGE 5 // Technical Features
- Huge oil ports providing massive oil flow
- Equivalent flow capacity upon compression and rebound stroke (1:1 ratio)
- Low restriction of the oil flow = plush, predictable & consistent damping action
- Less stress on internal parts = more durability and longer intervals between servicing
- Components that are precision-machined from aeronautical grade billet aluminum
- Sleek, lightweight reservoir with recessed cap to better protect the nitrogen valve
- Ultra-light spring design with bigger outside diameter and less coil turns, providing important weight reduction while maintaing the reliability and intuitive ride-height adjustability of coil springs vs. air springs
- Reduced weight and friction = less stiction and lower operating temperature = more resistance to fading
- Crossover spacers design that reduces the accumulation of snow and ice, therefore reducing wear on the body
- Optional lightweight composite shock protectors to provide further protection against roost and other debris (for front ski shocks only)
- Neutral look and colors that blends well with any sled model and livery
- Hard-anodized aluminium internal floating piston for low operating temperature
- Aluminum body that dramatically reduces overal weight and better dissipates heat generated during operation
- Hard-anodized to very tight tolerances to improve durability and further reduce friction
- Special thread design on the aluminum body that provides more surface and less friction to making preload adjustments much easier
- Allow the rider to adjust the shock to react differently to various terrain conditions without the need to compromise
- Independent adjuster knobs for high-speed compression and low-speed compression
- Separate circuits allowing smooth transition between high-speed and low-speed action
- High-speed circuit acts like an internal relief valve to provide similar benefits to a bypass shock without the added complexity and “lock-out” effect
- Adjustment knobs that are easy to use even with gloves on
- Provides a smooth surface that helps reduce internal friction inside the body
- More durable finish than regular sulphuric anodization generally used on lower-end products
- Hard chrome-plated shafts
- Seal head design is composed of external ice-breaking seal, high-pressure step-seal and o-ring
- Low-friction o-ring material is certified resistant to greater temperature changes
- High material memory that helps maintain sealing properties in harsh conditions
- All sealing components are premium quality, carefully selected for their optimal balance of performance and durability
- Fully synthetic proprietary blend
- Ultra-low friction light viscosity grade that maintains its properties even in extremely cold temperatures
- Ultra-resistant to high temperature
- Extended usable life
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our regular production lead time is approximately 5 to 10 business days depending on the current volume of orders.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.