Stage 4 High-Performance ATV Shock Absorbers
Get all the performance of our latest technology in a more accessible package that is simpler to use
The Stage 4 model is derived directly from our top-end Stage 5 model, with which it shares most of the same components. It features a single external compression adjustment knob that controls the low-speed compression damping that is combined with an internal high-speed blow-off circuit which relieves peak pressure upon impacts to achieve race-level performance in a package that is more accessible and easier to adjust.
STAGE 4 // Benefits
- Helps increase and maintain speed over rough terrain and bumps
- Reduce excessive weight transfers such as body roll, diving and squatting
- Prevents bottoming-out upon harsh square-edged impacts and potholes
- Provides increased traction in all conditions for maximum maneuvrability
- Allows good control of key parameters without too much complexity
STAGE 4 // Available configurations
- Front shocks, 36mm, sold as a pair
- Rear shock, 46mm, sold as a unit
- Rear shocks for independent rear suspension models, 36mm, sold as pair
- Optional shock guards sold separately
STAGE 4 // Adjustment Features
Allows fine-tuning of the damping resistance when the shock is being compressed slowly. This adjustment controls body roll when cornering, rear-end squatting under hard acceleration, front-end diving when braking, riding over whoops at moderate speed, undulations and elevation changes in the terrain.
To use, turn the red knob clockwise to increase damping resistance, therefore making the suspension stiffer or turn counter-clockwise to reduce damping resistance, therefore making the suspension softer.
Controls the speed at which the shock absorber returns to its fully extended position after being compressed from an impact, keeping the wheels on the ground for maximum traction and reducing the bucking effect caused by the spring pressure pushing back after an impact.
To use, turn the adjuster clockwise to slow down the rebound or turn counter-clockwise to speed up the rebound.
THREADED SPRING PRELOAD
Lets the rider fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear wheels while setting up the ride height (ground or chassis clearance) and to lower or raise the vehicle to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference.
To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
STAGE 4 // Technical Features
- Huge oil ports providing massive oil flow
- Equivalent flow capacity upon compression and rebound stroke (1:1 ratio)
- Low restriction of the oil flow = plush, predictable & consistent damping action
- Less stress on internal parts = more durability and longer intervals between servicing
- Components that are precision-machined from aeronautical grade billet aluminum
- Sleek, lightweight reservoir with recessed cap to better protect the nitrogen valve
- Ultra-light spring design with bigger outside diameter and less coil turns, providing important weight reduction while maintaing the reliability and intuitive ride-height adjustability of coil springs vs. air springs
- Reduced weight and friction = less stiction and lower operating temperature = more resistance to fading
- Crossover spacers design that reduces the accumulation of debris, therefore reducing wear on the body
- Optional lightweight composite shock protectors to provide further protection against roost and other debris
- Neutral look and colors that blends well with any quad model and livery
- Hard-anodized aluminium internal floating piston for low operating temperature
- Aluminum body that dramatically reduces overal weight and better dissipates heat
- Hard-anodized to very tight tolerances to improve durability and further reduce friction
- Special thread design on the aluminum body that provides more surface and less friction to making preload adjustments much easier
- Helps relieve peak pressure upon impacts
- Factory-set, no need to adjust
- Provides race-level performance without the added complexity of a separate high-speed adjustment
- Provides a smooth surface that helps reduce internal friction inside the body
- More durable finish than regular sulphuric anodization generally used on lower-end products
- Hard chrome-plated shafts
- Seal head design is composed of external dust wiper, high-pressure step-seal and o-ring
- 46mm shocks also feature a double dust wiper to further prevent debris for entering the shock
- Low-friction o-ring material is certified resistant to greater temperature changes
- High material memory that helps maintain sealing properties in harsh conditions
- All sealing components are premium quality, carefully selected for their optimal balance of performance and durability
- Fully synthetic proprietary blend
- Ultra-low friction light viscosity grade
- Ultra-resistant to high temperature
- Extended usable life
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our regular production lead time is approximately 5 to 10 business days depending on the current volume of orders.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.