2.5 Reservoir Shock Absorbers for Trucks
Improvement over stock OE shocks for Increased Comfort & Better Handling, Both On & Off-Road
These shocks provide the optimal combination of:
- Firm and stable handling for driving on desert and fire roads;
- Plush compliance while off-road driving over washboard;
- Strong ramping effect for extra bottom-out protection over large dips and washes;
- Maximum articulation and traction for rock climbing.
The 2.5″ RESERVOIR model features adjustable spring preload (on coilover models only) for your specific driving style and terrain conditions. The external reservoir provides extra oil volume and displacement for smoother damping and to prevent damping fading. They come in either a piggyback or remote reservoir version, depending on your vehicle model, year and application.
Front shocks available in two configurations:
- 0-2 in. lift for use with stock geometry and can accommodate 0 in. to 2 in. of lift with either stock or aftermarket upper control arms (UCA). Preset at 1.5 in. lift for a level look on most applications
- 2-3 in. lift for use exclusively with aftermarket upper control arms (UCA) and aftermarket rear lift kit to accommodate 2 in. to 3 in. of lift. Preset at 2.5 in. lift for most setups.
Actual ride height may vary depending on tires dimensions and lift kit or UCA installed.
Rear shocks can be installed on a stock truck or with an aftermarket lift kit up to 2″.
- Performance off-road capabilities
- Improved handling and comfort for casual driving
- Better traction
- Provides leveling capabilities for better weight distribution
- Increased protection against bottoming-out
// Ride Enhancements
- Spring setup optimized for each setup
- Better attenuation of vibration, leading to major noise reduction in the cabin (much less squeak and rattle)
- Damping characteristics optimized for each truck and setup, providing a smoother ride
- Increased comfort in both on road and off-road conditions, especially over washboard and square-edge impacts
- More stable and more predictable handling
- Reduced front-end diving when cornering or braking
- Reduced rear-end bucking and lifting
- Increased damping and spring rate for better handling when towing or loading truck
// Available configurations
- 2.5 Front & Rear shocks kit
- 2.5 Front shocks only
- 2.5 Rear shocks only
- Coilover version or damper only depending on vehicle and position
// HOW TO BUY
Also available through our preferred specialized affiliates:
// Technical Features
- Massive 2.5 in. (56mm) hard-anodized aluminum body for cooler operation
- Big bore design with less restricted oil flow for increased responsiveness and less fading
- Internal hydraulic valving optimized for each vehicle platform
- Built from CNC-machined and forged aluminum parts, aluminum bodies and premium-quality internal components
- External remote reservoir with low-friction floating piston (1:1 ratio vs. main piston) providing additional cooling
- DOT high-flow reservoir hose
- Heavy-duty 3/4 in. (19mm) induction-hardened shaft
- Triple sealing system with dust wiper, high-pressure step-seal and premium quality o-ring
- Direct, bolt-on replacement that uses stock shocks location
- Proprietary ultra-low friction, light viscosity semi-synthetic oil blend, ultra-resistant to high operating temperature
- Coilover models use Elka’s durable high-tensile alloy springs or Eibach springs (depending on model & configuration)
- Fully rebuildable using affordable replacements parts and springs, multiple replacement valving shim stacks available
// Adjustment Features
THREADED SPRING PRELOAD (coilover models only)
Lets the driver fine-tune the initial force applied on the springs and precisely balance the weight distribution across the front and rear wheels while setting up the ride height (ground or chassis clearance) and to lower or raise the vehicle to adapt to various situations or to suit your personal preference. To use, turn the preload adjustment ring clockwise (from top of the shock) to increase preload and raise the vehicle or turn counter-clockwise to reduce preload and lower the vehicle.
Elka’s Unique Benefits
Production Lead Time
All our products are built-to-order specifically for each customer.
Our regular production lead time is approximately 8 to 15 business days depending on the current volume of orders and availability of some springs from our suppliers.
The estimated delivery date will be confirmed to you when your order is processed with us, based on the shipping mode you will have selected.